A Blog For The Farm Happenings And Whatever Else Strikes My Fancy.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Meet Faye

March 9th, 2012, 10:30 (ish) AM Annika brought Faye into the world.
Momma and I slept down stairs all night listening to the baby monitor. Annika was very kind to us and had her babe during the day! It's one of the first babies we've ever had born that wasn't in the middle of the night or 3 AM!
Faye is Annika's first and only baby. She only had one.

I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures.



Annika didn't really have many contractions, and certainly not strong ones. I ended up helping her at the end cause she seemed to think she was done. It was SUCH a great experience, and I'll never forget helping to bring this baby into the world.






After Annika did some cleaning of the baby we brought Faye inside. She was wet and shivering, we wanted to get her dry. Her and I sat in the sunlight in our big window so she could dry and warm up. Sadie helped to clean her and Lila rubbed noses with her. I think the puppy has taken over role of Auntie!



I'll post some better pictures when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment