A Blog For The Farm Happenings And Whatever Else Strikes My Fancy.

Saturday 26 April 2014

Pippi's Babies

Pippi Kidded the afternoon of the 24th. She had a girl and a boy both of which were huge and strong right away. It doesn't really surprise me, considering their mother. I brought out all my newborn baby goat coats and none of them fit! They are wearing the same size coats as my three week old babies! The girl is the red, brown colored on, and the boy is the creamy, Palomino. Neither have any moon spots at all, the only real marking is a dark line down the doeling's spine. I named them Lacey and Rugen. Count Tyrone Rugen to be precise. That's the name of the six fingered man in Princess Bride, in case you were wondering! They are both beautiful! They are easily my favorite babies I've ever had born. I will be hanging on to Lacey and I can't even tell you how much I want to keep Rugen. I have to control myself though, keeping a boy is out of the question...But that doesn't mean I don't want to :) Lacey is very cute though, and they both have such sweet temperaments! 
Lacey

Rugen

Crazy mamma goat
Pippi and the Babies
Babies, about half an hour old


Elesmera kidded also, she had one little doeling. Unfortunately there was something wrong with her when she was born and she only lived to be about twenty-four hours old. I named her Jane. 


Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment