A Blog For The Farm Happenings And Whatever Else Strikes My Fancy.

Friday 12 October 2012

My hammock


I have a hammock that I often hang up in my goat stall to lay on while I read, nap, or just stay for hours on end watching the goats and thinking. Many times my friend and I will lay together on the hammock, kick off our shoes and chat. Well the other day she came over with her two baby goats and we set up the hammock. Well my two youngest babies, as they often do, hopped up on the hammock with us...then my friends two babies decided to follow suit and join the party! That made for two teen girls and four goats. We estimated that to be over 300 pounds of weight on the old and ripped and goat-chewed hammock. We half expected it to fall off the wall any minute...It didn't though. And the goats fell asleep for nearly an hour until someone came out with a camera and they decided they were camera shy and had to wake up and get down. So my mom just managed to snap this picture, but I think it's a great one! Have a good week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment