A Blog For The Farm Happenings And Whatever Else Strikes My Fancy.

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Autumn 2016



Over the Summer I cut down my herd substantially. I have two does left: Pippi and Matilda. I do still have Rugen as well, but he is for sale, I'm just trying to find the right home for him. I decided I would have only a few goats for the winter for ease of care, and also so I had some freedom away from the farm to focus on other things for a while. My two girls have been bred this fall. YAY. and now we wait for spring. 

Our first year at the new house really was excellent. The goats, too, are so happy in their new home! We were thankful for an easy winter last year, and we are glad to now be preparing for a full-on New England winter. 

The 2017 due dates are:

Pippi: March 29, 2017
Tilly: April 3, 2017

The Buck this year is Tiny Hill Farm's Linus

Another bit of exciting news to share is that our Weimaraner Rain E Day is due to whelp the first week in December! These puppies will need loving homes within a few months. Of course, we can't know yet how many she'll have, what color, or gender... but keep your eyes open for another post announcing all that! In the meantime, if you or anyone you know is looking for puppies, do contact me and we could talk about reserving a pup to add to your family. 

A final note:  Rugen (Pictured above) is still for sale if you are interested. Or, if you know someone who is looking for a behaved wether, please, pass it along. He's such a sweety and needs more loving attention than I'm able to give in right now. 


One of our puppies from the last litter

No comments:

Post a Comment